Managing Projects for Public Managers
Date April 18 and 19, 2023
Location Virtual - Zoom Link sent via Email
Deadline April 17, 2023
Gain foundational knowledge and explore contemporary best practices in project management to build the personal knowledge, skills and confidence you need to effectively lead projects. Whether you're leading your first project, struggling to get through all the projects on your to-do list, or looking for strategies to ensure project success, you will benefit from this class. Note: this is a two-day class.
CPM Competency: 2.12 Describe multiple project management methodologies, and tools that are used in the project life cycle.
Desired Learning Outcomes:
1. Define project parameters in terms of quality, cost and time.
2. Develop a methodology for gaining customer input in order to define quality characteristics and meet customer expectations.
3. Develop a comprehensive planning strategy which breaks down major components of a project to the lowest level of implementation detail (tree diagram and summary sheet).
4. Explain the need for and develop a prioritization procedure applicable to a selected project.
5. Define steps in a process and assign time estimates accordingly.
6. Establish standards for quality specifications and monitoring procedures to be used during project implementation
7. Define management responsibilities throughout the life cycle of the project
Participant information * - required
Last Name *
First Name *
Organization Name *
Zip Code *
To contact you about your registration
Please include area code, XXX-XXX-XXXX
Please provide the following demographic information about yourself. This information is used to ensure our programming is reaching a diversity of audiences and to fulfil our obligations as a recipient of federal funding. You reserve the option to not provide this demographic information. Should you choose to not provide this information, please choose "Prefer not to respond."
Please indicate your race. Choose only one answer.
I identify as having (check all that apply):
American Indian or Alaska Native (1)
Black of African American (3)
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (4)
Two or more races (6)
Prefer not to respond (7)
Please indicate your ethnicity. Choose only one answer.
Hispanic or Latino (1) Not Hispanic or Latino (2) Prefer not to respond (3)
Please indicate your “Sex”. Choose only one answer.
Female (1) Male (2) Prefer not to respond (3)
Please indicate your age. Choose only one answer.
Adult (19 years or older) (1) Youth (18 years or younger) (2) Prefer not to respond (3)
If you have a Promo Code, please enter it here
Credit Card Check
Doing Business As: The charge will appear on your credit card statement as UW Local Gov. Education.
Cancellation Policy: To cancel a registration/payment, please contact email@example.com.
Privacy Statement: The Local Government Center does not sell, rent, trade or distribute any personally identifiable customer information to any third party, except as required by law. Information collected by The Department of Animal Science is used for the administrative and operational purposes of our services.
Contact: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions about your registration.
NOTE: If you have a disability and desire accommodation, please advise us as early as possible. Requests are confidential.